Additional Web Development Tools
In addition, leading a powerful HTML editor. The web designer needs good graphic programs to create web graphics and I would also recommend you few Additional Web development tools for testing and manage your sites bit easier.
To create a web graphics, you probably use one or mixture five popular tools.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- Adobe Fireworks (Adobe has stopped further development on Fireworks.)
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Fireworks all offer powerful tools for creations of web graphics. As the part of the integrated creative suite, all offer complete workflow solutions. Illustrator and Photoshop will likely be familiar with most graphics designers or in industry standards creating raster and vector graphics both features powerful web graphics exporting capabilities.
- The overall focus is creating web graphics.
- Seamless Dreamweaver integration.
- Integrates with Flash & Flex as well.
- Export multiple web graphics from a single file.
Noted: (Adobe has stopped further development on Fireworks.)
- CorelDraw is a complete graphics suite.
- Unlikely Adobe’s Suite, however, CorelDraw is not specifically web-focused.
- Offers both raster and vector editing. That allows you to create quality web graphics.
- No integration with other web tools.
- Lower price points than Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Free, open source editing tool and getting popularity.
- Raster editing Program.
- Advanced features rival Photoshop’s.
- Not specifically focused on web graphics.
- Support is growing but can be hard to find.
In addition to a good graphics editors. There are few tools that most professionals web designers should have. Testing your sites and finding how to perform is the essential part of web design as such I would recommend the followings tools.
- Plugin for Firefox.
- Allows you to inspect pages in the browser.
- You can debug scripts and inspect CSS.
- Other tools allow you to analyze performance.
- Free and open source.
I also recommend Webkit Web Inspector.
WebKit Web Inspector.
- Free, Open source inspector from Webkit.
- Similar feature to Firebug.
- Works in multiple browsers.
- Powerful visual resource panel allows you to track page performance.