Understanding LMS Basics .
Hi and welcome to Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentals course. I’m Mohammad Ramzan from www.computertaleem.com, throughout this course we will cover the foundation and choosing appropriate learning management system course. For your organization learning needs, we will look the roles of LMS in learning environment and help the students and instructors, interactive with the system.
You will also dive in how to best select Learning Management System, best practices for utilizing LMS best for learning and quick overview some of the industries learning management system is available.
Whether you are hoping better understanding with your current learning management system some about implement of or start E-Learning been class.
So, what is exactly what is Learning Management System?
Let’s get started by exploring what is exactly Learning Management System is? It is essentially digital learning environment and it manages the all aspects of the learning process. Inside the that system you can communicate your learning objectives.
You can also organize learning timeline and tell to the learners exact what to need learn and when?
The real power of LMS is also gives the ability to deliver the learning content. Many LMSs have built-ins accessing and track learning. That learners only sees their improvement and instructors also have the ability to communicate the effeteness of learning back to learners themselves and this brings this communication.
One of the most powerful things is in Learning Management System, the ability to create streamlines communication between instructor and learners. LMS allow you to provide ongoing resources often learning process is static moment in time and learners need to have access to learning well be in training.
A digital learning environment to manage all aspects of the learning process like.
- Communicate objectives.
- Organize learning timelines.
- Deliver content.
- Assess and track learning.
- Communicate with learners.
- Provide ongoing resources.
Now several key players in a LMS. That is the instructor and learners.
You can see Instructors side. You might have administrator and teacher or director or instructor and the LMS might have different functions and rows for each level. But regardless the title and the row instruct is the one.
Facilitate learning, create learning environment and understand the outcome which come from learning. Also share the progress of learners.
On the learner’s side.
Learners use the LMS to access content whether they are watching videos inside the Learning Management System or simply searching the syllabus online they would go to LMS to figure out what they need to learn and when follow the learning path build in LMS.
They can use Learning Management System to contact to their instructors now do some LMSs have chat like features or you literally chat your instructor real time. Most LMSs give the ability to rate your instructors rate means assignment. This feedback learners to instructors.
Throughout this course I talk certain LMSs and what roles and functions that LMS performs for certain learning environment. Whether you K-12 teacher or college instructor or co-operate trainers that the LMS can accommodate functions and activities you need inside the LMS.
What is K-12?
The k-12, this term is used in education technology in the US, Canada, and possibly other countries and it is short form of publicly supported schools grades and also for college. Which means 1st to the 12th (1 to 12 class).
Why Learning Management System?
As you are starting the exploring whether or not LMS right for you or your organization, keep in mind all of the ways LMS can be utilized now typically most of us think.
We think “Schools” learning management system. That the students are in the schools and students have certain learning goals be managed and The LMS can defiantly manage those goals.
However, we also see the increase number of the business who use the learning management system well.
Your organization has new software you may want to train your employees who to use software and your employees may be all over the world. Whereas learning management system allows you to centralize the learning and broadcast learning to employees to needed.
Another way to understand Learning Management System to use in co-operate world. Example: employees have need specific training to certain industries. The LMS ca not only disseminate training it can also track the progress of the training.
Let’s explore all the way we can use in learning management system.
- Online learning: LMS can allow us to create digital website (we can upload learning variety of material, whether the resources, quizzes, even the syllabus for the leanings goals that we have. Students that can access that material online.
- One thing in the LMS also does that which is valuable that tracks the learning progress. The learners can only log on and see that what they have learnt, they can also see what need to learn. A lot of LMSs we can take look this later lessons also give the ability to build sensitive rewords in tracking learning progress. For example: in some LMSs that the learners can earn badges when they have accomplished tasks.
- The LMS also gives the and provide the digital learning tools. Whether integrating videos, interactive leaning modules, the LMS can handles all of the packages. The LMS typically provides us the skill to create quizzes that we also test the learners for talent.
- Another valuable tool that Learning Management System can help in handling learners communication. Often you got the instructor they need to communicate the learners can it can be really challenges when we send the emails. Many of some learners get benefit rest of class. Things such as discussion board allow to you to communicate to flown in the way in can benefits all of the learners to utilizing the LMS and helps saves the time for instructors.
- Finally, some time that we have training valuable we can sell that training (class content)to the people. Many of the LMSs available today have built in filters to allow to sell the contents or sell the courses we create through LMS. We take a look selling content in coming lessons.
Now we have explored little bit what is Learning Management System and What Learning Management System can do for us. Let’s go dive in selecting LMS and take a look a few LMSs are available.